Packing 101: Get Moving Efficiently!
Here are a few great ideas to bear in mind to ensure your move goes smoothly and efficiently.
- Make sure you empty all drawer and cabinet units, especially of valuable items.
- Tighten up and wind all cords and cables to prevent dangling and trapping.
- Make sure to pack anything you’re not likely to use right away as a priority.
- Where possible, don’t cram boxes full, but try and aim for a nice firmness in packing – so that items are compacted and protected.
- Make sure to wrap delicate items such as crockery in tissue paper or similar.
- Keep potentially hazardous items such as knives well out of the way – they could harm you or movers who are helping you!
- Crush paper and line the bottoms and tops of your boxes for added protection. You should also consolidate smaller boxes into large ones for added compaction
- Make sure you keep everything together – including pairs of things!
- Label your boxes clearly with the rooms they are heading to, as well as any other instructions movers might need.
- List the items, if you can, in each box. This will help you to cross-reference.