Items to Pack Separately
Here are a few great ways to prepare for your moving day so you’re well ahead of the game when the big morning arrives!
- Pick a moving day where you’ll have access to public services such as banks and insurance companies, just in case.
- Make sure you have enough medicine if you are on a prescription. Always visit a doctor before you move.
- Throw out anything you don’t need! The less you pack, the easier your move will be.
- Label everything – this goes without saying!
- Make sure you have all the supplies you'll need on the day. That includes last-minute packing supplies, for example
- Co-ordinate pets during your move – consider where they will be staying, and if the experience may be stressful for them. Make sure they have plenty of food and water if they are with you.
- Start packing as early as you can – start with the non-essentials.
- Make sure you separate anything important to you – pack the crucial items separately, or take them with you in your vehicle.